WhoIncludes (under development)
Download WhoIncludes 0.2
executable (January 2011)
For large C++ projects, the include file dependencies are a major concern:
- Dependencies aren't always obvious - How come File A depends
on File B?
- How did that circular include occur?
- Incremental build times - which files are "hot spots" that
trigger significant rebuilds?
WhoIncludes Provides the following analysis:
- Hierarchy: the actual file include hierarchy
- A list of files affected, each with direct and indirect
ancestors and children
WhoIncludes works with Visual C++ 2008 and later, and is based on
actual compiler diagnostics.
The following features are planned:
- Path finder - which paths lead from file A to file B?
- Cycle detection (if possible)
- Merged view of multiple projects
- Better aggregates, sorting the file list by e.g. total
- better navigation, filtering, etc.
I am not actively working at them for the time being. If you
are interested to see these - or other - features, please drop me a line, or a
feature request below. Thank you.
Bugs? Feature Requests? Give feedback at
- Release 0.2 - January 2011
- case 34, case 35: did not
run on XP
- case 36: crash after
changing Ignored Folders on the fly
- Release 0.1 - Initial
- preview / proof of concept